Here are the reasons why light weights are all wrong:
1. You HAVE to hit failure to cause muscle to rebuild, which is what strength training is all about. With light weights, you have to perform FAR too many repetitions, and this will only lead to injury.
2. ALL the research says that you should perform no more than 10 reps to hit failure. Without heavier weights, this is impossible.
3. MANY of these programs urge you to exercise for 2 hours – A DAY – 6 days a week. That’s crazy and terribly stressful to your body.
4. Ladies, you will NOT get big from heavier weights. It’s virtually impossible. On the contrary, the heavier weights will make you long and lean.
5. If you don’t believe me, google the old picture of Diane Sawyer and Gayle King. Both of them looked amazing when they were following my plan. Diane took 4 inches off of each arm. That’s a huge amount. Gayle’s lower half also shrunk. ALL this was from heavier weights/tensions.
5. You can also get great results from the heavier tensions of the SPRI tubing. Start with green, but also get the red, blue and purple bands.
I hope this makes sense.