I’m getting a lot of comments on and off this site on the issue of sitting all day.
Since we are on the subject, here are my personal travel rules, since I am on the road so often:
1. NO escalators, elevators or moving walkways. I have to climb and walk all the time, and since I travel with rolling carry on, it’s not a big deal.
2. No sitting for more than 5 minutes in the Red Carpet lounge or gate. I have to stand and walk around and talk on the phone, return emails, etc.
3. No eating anything but fruit, veggies and cheese in the lounge. If I start on even the Baked Chips, i go into carb “hell” and don’t want to do that.
4. I have to drink at least 5 cups of tea, and since they have many varieties, I try to drink ones that I don’t have at home or in my office.
5. On the plane, I always put a pillow behind my back and belt myself in tightly for lumbar support. My back “speaks” to me every now and then, and I find that travel days can be the worst.
Just wanted to share.