Michelle Obama is launching a big initiative to reduce childhood obesity.
She is going after the food companies who market to kids and is trying to get the wrong food out of vending machines.
The problem is that is WON’T work.
The only way to reduce the size of our children is to reduce the size of adults.
Over two-thirds of Americans are overweight or obese. How can these people lead children to weigh less when they can’t do it for themselves?
WE need to show children how to be healthy and at a more appropriate weight by doing it ourselves.
That is why I get so passionate about the country, as a whole, working to lose weight. We can do that by:
1. Eliminating virtually all liquid calories, such as juice, soda and sports drinks. Stop buying them and the stores will stop stocking them.
2. Eat more fruits and vegetables, and don’t forget, frozen is just fine.
3. Cut down on virtually all junk and fast food. Again, if you stop buying it, companies will stop making and providing it.
4. MOVE. You know I am passionate about strength training, but just move as much as possible. Even when working at your desk or computer, get up every 15 minutes and move.
5. Turn off the TV. EVERY bit of research shows that the more you watch tv, the greater the odds of being overweight or obese.
Remember, weight loss starts with one pound. Lose that one, and then go for two…..